Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Happy Easter moment with Teresa of Avila:

In the noise of our prevalent culture it is hard to find a moment of quiet. I believe you have to create the environment wherever you live. Here is my little corner to distract me from noise. I find the words of Teresa of Avila (1515-1582), wonderful Spanish mystic, very comforting. I will write the quotation in Spanish, the language of my heart and then, translate it into English. Teresa writes:

"Nada te turbe. Nadie te espante. Todo se pasa. Dios no se muda. La paciencia ... Todo lo alcanza, quien a Dios tiene ... nada le falta, Solo Dios basta." (so melodic!)

"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing dismay you. All things pass; God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Whoever has God; lacks for nothing. God alone suffices!" (beautiful in any language!)

May this Easter invite us to live lives of peace and quiet in a world intent upon more noise.     Don Ronaldo. Don Miho.

No comments:

Post a Comment