Saturday, June 10, 2017

Kindness makes a difference


The story of my 'Maytag washer and dryer' is worth repeating to a wider public. On Memorial Day, my old washer died. May she rest in peace - it was time! I have never bought such appliances; so, it was a stretch of faith to proceed to the local stores. I found one manager who was so exceptionally kind that I did not hesitate to purchase this pair. A few days later, a delivery guy installed everything. Quite mundane or so, it seemed!
   In the process, however, a resident ran up to my place that day to inform us "we were blocking her dish!"  I had no idea what the hell she was talking about. Her dish meaning, her "tv dish" and she was in no mood for courtesies. She called the company and police. The Midwest police came, listened and left, informing the frustrated one that the guy was just doing his job. The service person did his work and left as quickly as he could. 
   In an age of loud mouths, the irate person could have caused much more havoc. Yet in the midst of chaos, an efficient sales representative, a calm cop, a 'super' polite delivery person made a difference. Aesop was alive that summer afternoon:

No comments:

Post a Comment