Monday, January 1, 2018

Wisdom word for the year 2018: "Faithful."

FAITHFUL
   Happy New Year to all our friends and family from the Prairies!
Each season adds its own magic. We are in the midst of winter; yet, we know spring will soon be upon us for our God is forever faithful. 
   I have chosen 'Faithful' as my 'word of life' for 2018 inspired by the Chinese New Year beginning February 16th, the 'Year of the Dog' which speaks fidelity to me. I will be celebrating my birthday next month; grateful for faithful friends and a God who has always been part of my life. The words of Pope Francis' on faithfulness have a poignant touch: "God is faithful: we should pause in order to discover, even amid the difficulties of this life, the beauty of the love of God."
   For us Christians, we are thankful for a God who remained faithful to his covenant, to the promises He made to Abraham and to the salvation promised to us through Jesus. In spite of what we perceive as ugly or bad in the world; I still want to re-discover the beauty of love, mercy, hope and joy in 2018.
   "I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your well being and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)    "Faithful" is my guide this 2018.
   Happy New Year from Ronaldo and Daniel, your brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment