Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Love makes us more into ourselves

                            "Love makes us more into ourselves." 
   I captured this beautiful sunset on the Sea of Galilee which Jesus loved when we went on our pilgrimage in 2016. I love its dramatic effect. It reminded me of a Peter Seewald interview with Benedict XVI before he became Pope. The contents of which he published in a book entitled, Salt of the Earth. Here are some of these inspiring words that caught my attention. 
   "The true drama of history," Benedict said, "can be reduced to this formula: yes or no to love." Love demands a huge risk of suffering in life. Words familiar to all of us who make sacrifices for others. Our plans for our future do not always go as we dictate. "The unknowns," he said, "are still unknown!" He cautioned us not to be afraid to take risks in life. I think I can fairly say for myself, I have not been afraid. As a Christian, Benedict added these profound words I quoted above: "love makes us more into ourselves."
   In the conclusion of this fascinating interview, the future Pope (I don't think at the time; he ever dreamed of becoming Pope) spoke a word of encouragement for his listeners echoing similar words from Teillard de Chardin: "All we can do is to walk forward together." And then, profoundly added: "Continue to become more loving persons, open to all the help we have received from those gone ahead of us."
   Enjoy the beauty, the love of your family and friends this summer 2018.
  Oremus pro invicem, Ronaldo.

No comments:

Post a Comment