Thursday, February 19, 2015

'Gong Xi Fa Cai' - Happy Chinese New Year - February 19th, 'Year of the Goat'

   February 19th 2015 marks the beginning of the 'Year of the Goat' in the Chinese calendar. People born under the sign of the goat, according to Chinese mythologists are by nature generous and hold high moral standards. They trust people who inspire them and for the most part, try not to discriminate others for their weaknesses. According to this Chinese belief, a 'Goat' person helps when a need arises and learns how to adjust to his/her environment. The goat's happiness is to make others happy. 'Generosity,' then, is the key message for me in 2015.
   To be generous is a challenge in our world today. The calligraphy below defines this concept. My belief as a Christian encourages me to act in this manner. I hope I have practiced what I preached in the last 40 years of my professional and private life.
   May we learn something of this spirit of generosity in 2015. "Thanks be to God for this inexpressible gift!" (2 Cor. 9, 15).

No comments:

Post a Comment