Sunday, September 4, 2016

Mother Teresa declared a saint!

 Mother Teresa was declared a saint today! What a gracious life! I like these words of Pope Francis this Sunday morning: "mercy was the salt which gave flavor to her work; it was the light which shone in the darkness of the many who no longer had tears to shed for their poverty and suffering!" 
   I had an opportunity to meet Mother at one of her convents in Rome in the late 80's. A friend of  mine was taking her first vows as a member of her Congregation. Mother's joy was infectious. I remember her words that Fall: 
   "Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting." 
I have tried to live out that kindness since I met her 30 years ago. Thanks, Mother. Pray for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment