Wednesday, November 20, 2013

'Tko riskira profitira' - 'Take a risk, make a profit'.

   Here is my favourite photo of 'Winnipeg at night' taken last summer. I am thinking of Joseph Campbell's powerful words: "Follow your bliss!" 
   I put those words in action when I was younger. They became part of my vocabulary. I was terrified during those uncertain years of my life. Nonetheless, I learnt this is how adventure begins. An ethic of risk tells us there are no guarantees of success. Risks are frightening but this is how one grows and blossoms. If I did not make a move at those times; I would not have left where I was. I would have become isolated, physically and spiritually. A friend of mine reminded me recently of an ancient Croatian proverb: "Tko riskira profitira." Translated it means: "he or she who takes a risk, makes a profit." 
   May we profit by the actions, the risks we take in our lives, spiritual or otherwise, accepting the challenges presented before us. Happy Thanksgiving! 
+Don Ronaldo, his family and friends in the US+.  Ciao. Cius. Bog. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment