Saturday, December 1, 2018

A 2017 Christmas thank you letter from Dan to the young people in Manvel, ND

   A year ago my friend and co-author of this blog, Padre Daniel, had promised these young people to attend their Christmas concert. Unfortunately Dan got sick and passed away nine months later. He had received a wonderful gift from the kids while he was recuperating last Christmas 2017. Dan was a "big child at heart" and the kids simply adored him. Here is his letter. I thought I would share it with you at the beginning of this December 2018.

"Dear Katie and young people,
           Grace and peace in the Lord Jesus.
Words cannot express how deeply I was moved by your Christmas gift. I do not want to sound too emotional (after all, I am an old Navy guy!) but, your kindness brought tears to my eyes. You are such a wonderful and considerate bunch, second to none in many ways.
            From the first moment I got to know you, I realized just how special you all are and how deeply loved by God and our Blessed Mother. Due to circumstances beyond our control, I am no longer able to be an active part of your "holy beehive." However, I want you to know that you will always have a special place in my heart, my thoughts and my daily prayers.
          With such wonderful young folks as yourselves, Saint Tim's parish church has a great future and will continue to be a little shining city of faith, hope and charity in the Red River Valley.
           Again, many thanks for your kindness. May God continue to bless you and keep you in his love.
                                                   Your brother in Christ, Daniel."

   To me this is a perfect way to begin the Advent-Christmas season: remember kindness and love. Adopt a child-like disposition like Dan and we can make a difference. Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment